Ever so often we get tired of eating cooked food and look for salad options that not only please the palate but are visually appealing. This evening was one of those nights that we decided to have a salad and a bowl of fruit for dinner. I enjoyed putting both together and hope you do too.
Aple of my Eye 😉 Salad
What do I need to make it?
- 75 gms rocket leaves (small packet)
- 75 gms baby lambs lettuce (small packet)
- 50 gms Greek salad cheese (feta can be used)
- 1 gala apple thinly sliced
- 8-10 queen size green olives pitted
- 4-6 purple olives
- 8-10 baby plum tomatoes cut in halves
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sprinkling of crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
How much will I make?
Enough for 2 as a main dish
How do I make it?
Wash the leaves and place in bowl. Sprinkle remaining ingredients around the leaves. Dress the salad with oil and apple cider vinegar. Use your hands to toss the salad (great tip from Jamie Oliver). Dish up and enjoy.