Admittedly my trip to Dubai has proven to be a bit of a challenge for my elder sister Magi as to what to make for lunch everyday. She enjoys cooking as well (my nieces can attest to that) and has made me a different salad everyday along with a couple of vegetarian subjis. Today she introduced me to a dressing which I hadn’t considered before and is definitely going to form part of my repertoire moving forward. I would like to share this with you as I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope you do to.
What do I need to make it?
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 1/4 large cucumber peeled and cubed
- 6-8 small red radishes finely sliced
- 4-5 large green pitted olives sliced
- Handful of grapes – we had red seedless but I am sure green would work just as well
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Dollop of mutabbal (aka baba ghanouj – roasted egg plant with garlic, olive oil and tahini sauce)
How much will I make?
Enough for 2 as a main meal or 4 as a side dish
How do I make it?
Place rocket leaves in a bowl and sprinkle other ingredients. Adjust seasoning but bear in mind that the mutabbal has enough salt. Serve the salad in a bowl with a dollop of mutabbal and enjoy.
Pingback: Beetroot Mutabbal | eJo