Dinner tonight consisted of barbecued chicken legs (store bought but jazzed up with some chili flakes, Heinz barbecue sauce, Sriracha hot chili sauce and honey), a simple salad of butterhead leaves and apples dressed with olive oil and apple cider vinegar and a quick pan fried starter of prawns.
Pan fried prawns
What do I need to make it?
- 20-24 raw prawns de-veined, washed and patted dry
- 3 sprigs of spring onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
How do I make it?
Add oil and garlic to hot pan and stir for 30 seconds. Add chili flakes and give it a quick stir before adding the spring onions. Saute for a minute before adding prawns. Turn the prawn after a couple of minutes and cook until done. Sprinkle black pepper and season with salt. Add vinegar and stir for another minute or so. Switch off heat and garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.