On a blistering summer’s day as today (temperature expected to reach their highest for the year!!) thought it would make sense to have a radish salad for lunch. Radishes are a naturally cooling food and their pungent flavor is highly regarded in eastern medicine for the ability to decrease excess heat in the body that can build up during the warmer months. Something I wasn’t aware of was that radishes are supposed to increase one’s appetite and therefore normally eaten at the end of a meal in Eastern cultures.
What do I need to make it?
- 1 large white radish cut into small pieces
- 1 green chilli chopped finely
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Handful of chopped basil leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt & pepper to taste – I used an Indian onion salad seasoning instead
How do I make it?
Put the cut radish in a bowl and add the other ingredients. Give it a good mix and serve at your next summer barbecue.