With Anna away in India for three weeks I have been pretty lazy on the cooking front and coping with quick fruit salads, smoothies and omelettes. Today I decided to use up the last of the courgettes from the garden and garnished it with a combination of herbs (plucked fresh from our herb patch). The end result is worthy of being replicated for Anna when she gets back as I think she will like it.
What do I need to make it?
- 80-90 gms Brown rice soba noodles (spaghetti if you are not on a gluten free diet)
- 3-4 medium sized mushrooms sliced
- 1 large stick of celery roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow courgette cubed
- 1 small green courgette cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Handful basil, mint, oregano and curly leaf parsley chopped for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How much will I make?
A hearty bowl for one
How do I make it?
Boil your noodles or pasta and keep aside. Heat pan and add olive oil and garlic and saute for a minute. Add the celery and saute for a couple of minutes before adding the courgettes and mushrooms. Stir for 5 minutes before sprinkling the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped herbs and add cooked noodles to the pan. Toss around till the noodles are well coated and serve up in a large bowl. Enjoy.