For all you prawn and Chinese food lovers here’s a simple recipe for some delicious jumbo prawns with healthy brown rice soba noodles. We had it for supper last night with some stir fried vegetables dressed with garlic, soya sauce and Shaohsing wine.
What do I need to make it?
- 20 prawns de-veined, washed and patted dry
- 2 sprigs of spring onion chopped
- 2 handfuls of brown rice soba noodle boiled and drained (keep in cold water to keep them separate)
For the marinade
- 1 inch piece of ginger minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp spiced black rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Shaohsing wine
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Dash of salt
How much will I make?
How do I make it?
First mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the prawns and allow to marinade for a couple of hours in the fridge. Heat the wok and stir fry the prawns till cooked through. Garnish with spring onions and add the cooked noodles. Give it a good toss and serve in bowl.