My niece Nikhita was in town for a couple of days and I was keen to get her to like this salad as she is not too fond of fruits. The first time I made this salad I threw in the remaining fruit in my fruit bowl and was surprised at how well it went with the dressing. A few tweaks later I’ve rechristened it Anna’s Surprise to dedicate it to my better half (surprised her and others with the combination). Having served this to Nikhi I think I have succeeded in getting her to eat fruit beyond bananas as she appreciated the salad.
What do I need to make it?
- 1 big bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1 red apple
- 1 pear (the firmer the better – gives a bit of a bite to the salad)
- 1 firm ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 large cucumber de-seeded and cubed
- 1 large mozzarella ball cubed
- 5 artichoke hearts quartered (used the tinned variety)
- 6-8 sun dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- Handful of green and black olives
- Handful of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How much will I make?
How do I make?
Chop all the fruit, veg and cheese into bite size pieces. Wash and drain the salad leaves and place in a large bowl. Add the fruit, vegetables, cheese and olives and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad and toss gently. Transfer into dishes and enjoy.