Our local TESCO supermarket had some amazing regional cheeses on offer and the salad we had the other night featured a cheddar and garlic/mixed herb soft cheese whirl.
What do I need to make it?
- 1 bag of rocket leaves
- 1/2 gala apple cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp red pickled jalapenos
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 large cucumber de-seeded and chopped
- 100 gms of cheese whirl cubed
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
How much will I make?
Serves 2 main portions or 4 side salads
How do I make it?
Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle the salt and pepper before before drizzling the olive oil and apple cider balsamic vinegar. Toss gently with your hands and portion into serving bowls. Enjoy.