We used to make this stuffing for a melted cheese sandwich in our sandwich maker and decided to experiment a bit with it. End result was a dish which took very little time to prep and was tasty and satisfying. We have a few more ideas for stuffed pepper dishes which once tried and tested will be shared with you.
What do I need to make it?
- 6 long green chillies (non spicy variety – substitute with small bell peppers or long red peppers if not available)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 10 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 tbsp black olives chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup of grated cheese (mix of cheddar/mozzarella)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How much will I make?
6 stuffed peppers (serves 2-3)
How do I make it?
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Make a slit along the length of the pepper. Place stuffing inside the cavity till full. Bake in a pre heated oven for 40-45 minutes at 190 degree Centigrade till the peppers are cooked through. Serve hot.
You could add or delete ingredients to mixture ie. add pepperoni or ham and make a nice melted cheese treat for the kids.