We have been rather quiet this week but have been collecting a few recipes which we couldn’t find time in the day to post. One of us had a pretty big milestone birthday mid-week – officially in a new age bracket statistically speaking! The first recipe we would like to share is a warm pepper prawn salad served with avocado and baby plum tomatoes on a bed of rocket leaves.
What do I need to make it?
- 1 packet of rocket leaves
- 12 baby plum tomatoes halved
- 2 small avocado’s pitted and cubed
- 20 jumbo prawns
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Thai red chilli chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful of coriander leaf stems chopped finely
- Handful of fresh basil chopped
- A generous knob of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How much will I make?
How do I make it?
Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the prawns and keep them aside for half an hour. Heat butter in a pan and add the chopped garlic to it – saute for 30 seconds before adding the chopped shallots and red chilli. Continue to saute till the shallots go translucent before adding the prawns. Cook on both sides till done – shouldn’t take more than 8-10 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander stems and basil. Squeeze the juice of half lemon and serve hot on a bed of rocket leaves, avocados and baby plum tomatoes.